PDA

View Full Version : The UK's leading Vauxhall/Opel tuning company

__Smudge__
10th May 2004, 07:38 AM
Take a look at this site for the best tuning company in the UK
http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Closely followed by these guys though there are a few people disappointed with the service provided.
http://www.regal-auto.co.uk/

InsaneAsylum
10th May 2004, 08:20 PM
they are both excellent shops.... only trouble is when you do the conversion from pound into dollars and then add shipping to australia.

i'd have made regal very rich if i could afford the parts :D

astra_city
10th May 2004, 08:22 PM
if only i had large amounts of disposable income :)
Then Consumption would increase...leading to an increase in AE and economic growth :P sorry..had an economics test the other week on macroeconomics haha

frankie9fingers
10th May 2004, 10:03 PM
whichever way, if it's over $250AD then you pay GST.

sparksy
10th May 2004, 10:11 PM
That depends Frankie, I often have parcels of R/C stuff come in from Hong Kong... Up aroung the $1k mark per package, and I've never been hit with import duty or gst. (The HK shop Lies on the packing slip for me.. shhh)

frankie9fingers
10th May 2004, 10:14 PM
yeah i know, when i got the bumper for my car, they wouldn't do it :cry:
but i still got it heaps cheaper than a certain supplier in melbourne quoted.

anicorsa
10th May 2004, 10:38 PM
I once bought a soccer jersey from the UK, it was AU$120. They charged me AU$140 in customs duty. :x

It was DHL express thoguh. :x

Nem
11th May 2004, 12:06 AM
They're also a little bit out on pricing. Just look about for the air intake mods that they can offer. Regals charging $110GBP. ppfftt... I mean I rate them highly but they charge at a premium for things offered at other places much cheaper.

__Smudge__
11th May 2004, 06:19 AM
Oooh eck i didn't mean to incite an economics argy bargy lol. just thought you might like a look and compare to the companies you have over there :lol:

Nem
11th May 2004, 09:09 AM
just thought you might like a look and compare to the companies you have over there

Given that we dont have any real dedicated GMH tuners over here its a fair comment. We dont even have anyone with reasonable stock/pricing of Astra spares hence why most of us buy from the UK.
Things tend to be an absolute rip off especially when exchange rate is taken into account. But then again another incident springs to mind where Holden wanted $400 for a centre console surround that goes around the A/C and RG sell it for $30GBP. Thats a lot of import duty. Go figure!

__Smudge__
12th May 2004, 06:44 AM
Fair play to you guys, its obviously an expensive hobby for you tuning your much loved Opels. It looks like there is a big gap in the market, I think i'll have a look into exporting parts from the UK :P

__Smudge__
12th May 2004, 06:49 AM
Seriously if anyone has there eye on something from the UK, let me know and I'll find out the cost of sending it over.